Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Norman: 11/26 - I'm So Tall......

Hi everyone, Norman here.

I'm just laying around thinking about the struggles I have with being so tall. I thought I should share a few with you.

I'm so tall....

That on my first night in foster mom's house I could only lay down in the crate. I'm simply too tall for a standard greyhound kennel!  Thankfully FM hasn't made me go into a crate since. We're both ok with that.

I'm so tall....

That I could just eat the carrots that go in my food right from the counter.  I don't though because FM says that's not polite.  I've learned to lay quietly just outside the kitchen so I can supervise every meal preparation.  Can't be too careful when it comes to the food.

I'm so tall....

That the raised feeder isn't tall enough for me.  FM got creative and set it on a storage bin.  Now my food is just my height.

I'm so tall....

That in order to look out the window, FM had to raise the window blinds.  Otherwise all could see was the slats.  That's no fun.

I'm so tall....

That I couldn't give my foster brother a reassuring hug at the vet. He's too short.  I made up for it by staying close  and trying to distract the vet when he started doing the exam.  Everyone there said I was a great foster brother.

Now that I think about it....

Being tall isn't so bad. I'm tall enough that when we walk, my head fits right in your hand and you can pet me the whole time. I don't have to jump on the bed for lovin, I can just lay my head on your bed and check to see if you're awake. Yep you pretty much have to be in the middle of the bed for my cold nose not to reach you.

If you would love to have a handsome, tall fella to walk beside you and be your cold nose alarm, I'm your guy.  I hope you will consider adding me to your family.

Until then, I'm going to sleep.

Norman