Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Felicity: 11/20 - Getting Settled

Hello Everyone, I'm Felicity and I'm just beginning my "real" retirement. You see I "retired" from racing a few years ago but I went back to the farm and raised a couple litters as a brood mom. Now my pups have gone on to their own careers and I am looking to finally settle down. The people at GEGR said they would help me learn about life in a people house and find a people family of my own.  The first step was a trip to Greyhound Central for spa day. That's where all the new retirees get all clean and loved on a little and have our glamour shots taken for the website. Here I am getting a little love from one of the volunteers!

Next was a ride to my foster home. I heard it was going to be a long ride but I was pretty tired already so I slept through most of it. When I arrived I met my foster pack. They are nice enough but I found a quiet spot in the corner where I like to hang out. I found I can get real comfy here and relax.


Yep, this is the spot for me. I enjoy the peace and quiet here for a rest.


My foster home also has these great beds that are just super comfy.


They really know how to keep a girl cozy here!


Well, that's all for now. I will update you again soon on my journey! Until next time, tail wags and nose kisses from me, Felicity!