Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Artex Oyster: 11/23 - Black (Dog) Friday!

Hi everyone!

I just thought I'd hop on to say I had a wonderful first Thanksgiving and that I really dig the holidays. So many visitors and people to pet me, plus I got another dog to hang out with! Her name is Charlie and she's a lab mix who belongs to foster dad's brother. She's super fun, but I distracted her with my toys so I could get all the cuddles. See me holding on to him? I got his number.


Speaking of black dogs... FM says today was Black Friday. Apparently, this is when the humans get to wake up crazy early and fight each other for bargains. As for me, I'd just as soon sleep in and keep you cozy and warm in these chilly cold months. Let's call it Black DOG Friday and just stay in and snuggle. Cool? Cool.

Did you know statistically speaking, black coated animals are less likely to be chosen for adoption? I know that can't be true because I'm the most awesome dog there is. There's no way someone would look past me. So make sure when I show up at an adoption event with GEGR, you give me a second look, because my handsome face deserves a warm and loving home for the holidays.


Yours truly,

Oyster