Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

NBs Cartier: 9/24 - New Beginnings

NBs Cartier here. Or Cartier. Forget that fancy name and call me Woody. That's the name I like best.  I'm a two year old fawn boy with dreamy eyes. A couple of months ago, I was racing in FL but one day they told me I was going to be what they called retired. I wasn't sure what it meant but I'm up for trying just about anything. Here's to my new beginnings.
So on Friday I told my old racing buddies that I was going to find retirement and made my way to VA. Some nice ladies met the hauler and moved me to a car for a trip to MD. It was my first time riding in something that had windows. That was great. Then we made a stop at a place everyone called greyhound central where I was waited on hand and foot. They served us breakfast in bed on nice cushy blankets. Next we took turns getting a spa treatment complete with nice warm bath, ear cleaning and nail trim. They kept saying how handsome and sweet I was. I was so comfy after a while I didn't want to come out of the crate. Surely this must be retirement.

Turns out this was not retirement. They told me first you get a foster mom and a foster home. Lucky for me, my foster mom was there and she loaded me into her car and we road back to VA. I was really good on the ride home.  Foster mom rolled the windows down when we got by the water so I could smell the ocean air.

When we got to my foster home I met a new set of friends. There's two resident pups that have already found retirement. There's also another foster just like me. He's a cool pup that promised to show me the ropes.

That's my foster brother Decker, getting to know me(all about me). He showed me all around the yard and where all the cool pee spots are. I tried them all, every single one. Foster mom says I didn't miss any of them. She was positive.

Well I got a lot to learn before I get my forever home. My foster siblings are all eager to help me.  Foster mom says I could just use my dreamy eyes and any family will fall in love with me. I'm gonna go work on my slow blink while I take a nap.

See ya later
Woody