Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Stuck on Impulse aka Honey- 8-8-18 Traveling Girl

Well hello world, I'm Honey! I was a real good racer but I heard that living the retired life was the real way to win so I'm excited to give it shot. Saturday was a super long crazy day, none of that relaxing I heard came with retired life at all! A long drive to Maryland where I got scrubbed up nice and clean and groomed. I thought we must be going to a new racetrack! But when we went outside, surprise!! They just took my picture like I was some sort of model or something and the people all kept telling me how pretty I am. Can you imagine, nobody even asked if I was fast! A girl could get used to being flattered that way!


Does this picture make my tongue look big? Boy it was hot out that day!


Anyway, after all that I found out who my foster parents were going to be and I got in their car for another long ride.
Foster Mom says I have the cutest ears with all their different poses!


There weren't any other hounds in this car so I was able to get comfy and take a nap. The foster parents said I was a perfect passenger. I just thought it was nice to get a nap!
Wake me up when we get there!


When we got to their house it was really late and they said it was past bedtime already and I could get a better tour and meet my foster siblings in the morning. Oh was I excited to find out there would be other hounds in my foster home! I'm learning lots from them already and they tell me one day soon I'll find my very own forever family. I hope my family is reading this, hi family!!!! I've already learned my favorite thing about living in a house is the people, so when we meet you will be my most favorite-est thing ever! How cool is that? I can't wait to meet you, I'll write again soon, hugs and nose kisses until then!! Honey