Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

VJ May Fly (Ashley): 6/20/18 - Fun Times

Hi Everyone,

Ashley here! I took over the blog for foster mom 'cause I couldn't wait to tell you what fun I've been having.

Yesterday, I went to a big place called Petsmart. It had so many smells and I had to check everything out. I saw some other dogs and people, but was most interested in looking at toys! Speaking of toys, I love them! My new forever family should be sure to have a bunch. I especially love the soft fuzzy squeaky ones and squeaky balls.

Today I went for a walk around the neighborhood and saw a bunch of those fuzzy things that look like what I chased at the track. But these were eating the grass and foster mom called them rabbits. I tried to get rid of them for her, but she told me it was best if I didn't try to chase them. I want to make her happy, so I was a good listener even though I got really excited.

Well, I've had a busy day, so it's time to lay down and rest. Can't wait to meet you forever family! I know you're out there waiting for me:-)

Woof Woof,
Ashley