Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Mac's Cardinal: 6/18 - So Many Firsts

Hi my name is Mac's Cardinal but my foster mom calls me Cardi. I came in from a track in WV on Saturday with 5 of my friends. There have been so many retirement firsts since I stepped off the hauler.

I had my first spa day complete with a bath, nail trim and ear cleaning. I didn't even mind the micro-chip. Then it was a long ride to my foster home in VA. I have 4 foster brothers and sisters to show me the ropes. One of them is a handsome 2 year old foster like me. He even looks like me.

That's me having my first meal in my foster home. Don't mind that food on the floor. I'm greyt at picking out the peices I don't like. Foma said that's bad manners so I don't do that any more. Foma says I have a good appetite. I think that's a compliment.

Here's my first time sun bathing in retirement. It was so relaxing after I checked out the whole yard.

My first time napping outside of the crate with my foster siblings. Thats me in the top right. Foma says I've been good in the house and haven't tried to go on the counters or chew things I shouldn't. She said that will earn me lots of free time. I like the sound of that.

And lastly, it's my first roach in retirement. Yes I'm all legs and feet like a bug. Foma says it means I'm getting comfy here. I think she's right. I'm really going to like retirement. I know I have a lot to learn but I'm ready.

Well it's bed time and I need my beauty sleep. Check back to see what else I experience in my journey to my forever home.