Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Volando Olvera - 3/10 - Happy Birthday to Me!

Hi everyone:

dog lying on colorful bed with toy
Toys are fun!
I hope you've had a good week! I've been busy since we last checked in. I've gone on several long walks and also went to the pet supply store. Have I told you before how well I ride in the car? I'm really good, although sometimes Mr. G hogs all the space. I also like to meet new people when I'm out and about.

I'm also getting the hang of this being around the house thing. I like to explore different parts of the house to see what's happening. I've just discovered that there are toys around here, which are lots of fun.

two dogs lying on beds sleeping
Resting after a walk with Mr. G
L is also starting to teach me some cues to follow. We're starting with "touch," which is when I touch L's hand and then I get a treat. L took a video of me, but it's not very good, so she promises she'll take another one soon. I want all of you to see how smart I am.

I almost forgot one of the most exciting things that happened this week — I turned two years old on March 8! I had a fun time, but I'm really looking forward to celebrating my third birthday in my forever home. Maybe it's with you? If you're interested, don't forget to visit greytexpectations.org and fill out an application!

Talk soon!
Olvera