Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Selene Storm 3/26/2018

Hi There!! My name is Selene and for some reason people keep calling me a cow dog!?

I'm three days into my retirement and I am LOVING the retirement life. I found this big comfy bed in my foster mom's house and sometimes, I get so comfy, that I won't even get up when foster mom wants to take me outside! And even when my foster family has friends over, I just like to lounge out in my crate or on my bed and relax.
I'm so comfy, I don't wanna leave my crate!
This thing is like a fluffy cloud!
And then we go to the outside and it is INCREDIBLE! Foster mom lives in a city called Baltimore, and there are so many people and cars and dogs to watch! I just love seeing all the action and sometimes people even come say hi to me and give me nice pets on the head. Sometimes the little dogs bark at me, but I don't mind - who knew my species could be so small!?

I've also found lots of fun toys inside my foster mom's house. Apparently, I took the cat's toy and that wasn't allowed, but I just couldn't help it - playing is so fun! The cat is a little scary but I just give him his space.
Look how fun this little mouse is to chew. Too bad foster mom took it away!
Luckily, I found the other dog's toys (she's my senior old lady friend) and I'm allowed to play with those. It's so fun to make them squeak!
This dog toy is so fun, it's got me flipping upside down!
Snuggling with dog toys can be nice, too!

Well, that's all for now. I've got some lounging to do.