Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Carina: 2/20 - Time's Flying!

Hello New Friends!

Wow - it's Tuesday already?  I can't believe it was just 3 days ago that my whole life changed - and I'm loving it!  Hasn't taken me long to fit right in.  I have the schedule down to the minute now!  Here's how it goes:

Wake up and head straight to the back door for first outs (me and Hendrix race to see who can get there first ... he's not as good as me on the hard floors so he usually slips and I pull ahead 😏 but sometimes he's quick to catch up!)
Come in, run right back to the kennel for breakfast!  I love my meals and lick the bowl clean!
Few minutes later we're back out and saying our good mornings to everyone.  The other CLBDs bounce but I just wiggle my way to the front and put my head right into whoever's hand is there so they have no choice but to pet me!  

Then it's a bit of playtime; this morning, I discovered a toy!  And I got big smiles for it because it was a smiley face.  Picture attempts kinda failed because I was having so much fun I could barely stand still.




Next, the foster lady leaves for work and we all stand at the window to say bye. Then back to playing for a while again.
Then it's time for last outs before foster guy goes to work and the little boy goes to school.  I love being outside so I'm always the last one back in but come right away when they say it's time.  Plus, by now, I'm ready for some down time - there's lots of excitement in the mornings!  We hear "kennel" and if you're the first in, you're the first to get a treat! Yup - me and Hendrix are always trying to be the first ones in (but then there's this 3-legged dog that squeezes ahead of us and I still haven't beat her yet! It's crazy how fast and stealthy she is!)
So we all chill for a while and it's really quiet and quite relaxing.  I'm just fine hanging out - I haven't even barked or whined about it.
Then the boy gets home after he gets done at school and we all get to go outside and it's time to explore and play again. Next, foster lady comes home and we all stand at the window and bark at her to let her know we're home too!  I just love being a part of all this - it's so much fun!
We get more outs and then dinner time!  After dinner, I go straight to my favorite bed and we all take naps again.  The foster family settles and has their own dinner then we just all hang out - sometimes they play cards - sometimes they watch tv - all the time I get to keep playing and getting those awesome scratches!
Finally, it gets dark outside again - last outs and off to kennels for bed time.  I happily go in, get my treat and cuddle up for awesome dreams of the day and what the rest of my retirement will be!  Not a peep from me - it was just that first night that I sang everyone to sleep.

So, that's the routine and I'm so happy to be part of it!  
Can't wait to see someone else's day and spend it with my forever family!

Love, Carina