Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Abby - 2/3/18 It Wasn't My Day

Abby here.

I've been sulking for a while because, well I was disappointed. My forever family wasn't at the last adoption event. I met some nice people but we weren't a good match. I looked all over and my family wasn't there. I had my pouty face on all the way home. I just sat on the seat and looked out the window.
Then foster mom told me to cheer up. She says my forever family is still out there and they will find me.  She even had a bag of treats in the car. That made the ride better.
Since I've been home, my Foma has been really working me hard on my doggy skills. I'm a shiny floor and stair master. I crate myself for meals and wait quietly to be told it's ok to come out.
Foma has some videos and pics of me doing my doggy stuff. She says my family will be happy to see that I'm learning all my house manners.  So stay tuned for more updates on my progress.
Wow Foma almost forgot to tell you that if you want to meet me, you have to fill out one of those adoption applications. I'll be waiting for you.

Yes, yes I would like a treat to drown my sorrow. A huge bowl of ice cream when we get home would help too. Oh ok, just some more treats then.