Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Abby: 1/12 - Shopping Spree!!

Abby here and I just wanted you to know about my best day ever. After being cooped up with all the snow, I got to go someplace special. Auntie Carroll called this place PetSmart but I called it the land of all things wonderful. I didn't know where to start. I wanted to see it all. I checked out all the toys and treats but couldn't decide on just one.


I may have gotten up close to check out some things. It all smelled so good!


Hi there bunny. You don't look so fast now.

I checked out the birds and cats too. None of them really wanted to play with me. I even saw my first non greyhound. The first dog was ok and just wanted to sniff. The little tiny one seemed like way more fun but auntie Carroll said she was too small for me to play with, especially with my feet. I just wanted to see if it squeaked.

I hope my forever home will let me go shopping sometime. I'm sure I didn't see it all.