Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Abby: 12/11 - My Temporary Stop

I didn't go straight to my foster home. I spent a couple of days at auntie Carroll's house with her 3 pups. We all got along pretty well. They showed me around the yard and house. I was very interested in every room of the house and I checked every inch of them. Everything was so new and different.  I didn't have any trouble with the shiny floors. I found these wonderful beds and each dog got to pick one. Auntie Carroll had to point out the beds a few times before I settled into one but I like them.

I made friends with the only girl in the pack. Her name is Dolly and she hung out in the yard with me and slept in a crate at night in the dog room so I wouldn't be lonely. Auntie Carroll said I was really good for my first nights sleeping a home.



I found these wonderful stuffed toys and I got to have my own play time. It was amazing!

I was getting use to the schedule here of when to eat, when and where to go potty and where the good beds and toys are.  I was even learning how to wait for my turn to get treats.
Then Auntie Carroll packed me up and said it was time to go to my foster home.  She promised there would be dogs and food and treats and beds. I was really good riding in the car. I wanted to be on the front seat but auntie Carroll said good dogs have to be in the back. I settled for the back seat and got as close as I could to my driver. She seemed sad to send me on my way but she told me to be good and she would check on me until I find my forever home.