Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Raven: 10/4 - The Voice

Hey everyone, have you heard of a TV show called 'The Voice'?  Me neither hahaha!! Anyway, I am such a quiet girl that my foster family was beginning to wonder what my voice sounded like or if I even had one at all. Do you know what they did? It was the funniest thing really, you should have seen them! Those silly two leggers tried to roo like greyhounds, can you believe it? Anyway my four legger foster siblings said sometimes humans do that to tell us that they are either lonely and feeling like the house is too quiet or sad that they can't really sing very well so they want us to sing for them. What was I to do? As soon as the other hounds started I knew I had to join in. So just in case you are lonely too and need to hear some beautiful music let me sing for you the song of my people! You're welcome! Love, Raven