Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Tubby: 10/6

Hello Everyone,

I have learned to use a PC so now I can blog and let you know all about me.

I am a pretty happy fellow.  I have an older foster brother who is fun sometime, but he doesn't like to play as long as I like to play.  That is OK because I can play by myself and still have fun.  I like to run in the yard and I like to play with toys.

My Foster Mom (FM) is really good to me.  She loves on me and give me tummy rubs.  I like to sleep in the bed with her, but she won't let me do that; something about rules for foster dogs.   She will let me get in the bed with her in the early morning.  We cuddle and get lots of loves and kisses.  We have a good time.

When I first came here, there was a noise outside that I did not like.  FM said it was just a wind chime, but I still didn't like it.  Why would anyone want to call the wind with a chime?  FM took it down and I am more comfortable in the yard now.

I do not like small animals.  They run around a lot and are sometimes real sneaky.  I prefer to be with larger dogs so we can play and have a good time.  I like a quiet home with large people.  I think they call themselves adults.  I am really a good boy and I am very handsome even if I say so myself.

If you think I would be a good fit in your home, give the people at GEGR a call and they can tell you all about me.

Thanks for reading about me,
Tubby