Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Coach - 9/25/17 - Most Awesome Weekend!

I'm so excited to tell you all about my weekend!
It started with the boy's game where they kick a ball back and forth on a field.  
Here we are getting ready to go:

Notice I was laying down and ready before she even got her seat belt on?
That's because I've figured out it's easier to 
just lay down rather than trying to stand for the ride.

Then it was off to a Fall Festival at Marshy Point Nature Center.
I got to see all kinds of things and people!  Soooo much petting - I loved it!
Here's one of the creatures I met:
Can you tell I'm in retirement?  The tortoise beat me by a nose.
(That rarely happened in my racing days - I was a great runner!!)


 And then look at this ginormous thing:
I wasn't even afraid of him at all!
(Of course, he didn't move much)

 Next up was some make-believe with the mom's niece 
(she's 6 yrs old and I love her)
Check out those steps I went up ... and you could see right through them.
No big deal though - I'm great at steps!

Of course, we had some chill time just laying around together.



 Even some silly time too:
I'm such a good sport - the kids love me and I love when they play silly things with me.
 I'm just so patient!

And then it was back home we go; I took up my favorite position.


Boy was I exhausted when I got home though!  
We were on that adventure for almost 4 hours!  
I know I could do it again - 
I just love being outside seeing new things!
And I especially loved hearing a couple people say 
they just might be filling out an application!