Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

WW Black Snow: 8/2 - I'm new here

Hi, my name is WW Black Snow, but you can just call me Snow for short.
I know what you're thinking. I don't exactly remind you of snow. My foster mom thinks it's funny watching people react to my name.

Well I just started my retirement this past weekend. After a long ride to Maryland and a spa treatment, foster mom said it was time to go to her house.  I wasn't excited about getting back into a car, but thankfully the ride was short.
Once we got home, I met the resident greyhound and terrier.  No problems there. They were very welcoming and we are all getting along.

Yesterday, I discovered toys. I accidently stepped on one that squeaked, so I picked it up and took it to a more comfortable location. Then I found out that there is a whole stack of toys here just for the dogs.

So far I'm liking retirement. I like the feel of grass under my feet and a comfortable bed to sleep on. Foster mom says that I'm very sweet and will be a great member of any home!