Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Liberty 8/23/17 Out and About

Part of Liberty's physical therapy is we take him for 2 short walks per day.  We started just going to the mailbox and back, down the two steps to the driveway then back up the two steps back into the house.  He quickly let me know that he wanted longer walks so we walked about 2 houses down then back.  Over the weeks his stamina has increased and so has his love of a walk.  He's up to about half a mile a day but if it's too hot I don't take him out walking. He loves to sniff everything and leave lots of "pee mail".  I often take him with one of our resident dogs because...hey...it's a walk and my gang certainly enjoys a good walk too.  Days like today when the weather is great with little humidity I fear he could walk longer than I can.
"Take me to the hill lady...and hurry it up"
                                                                                          
                                
"Was that a rabbit? I think it was a rabbit! Maybe a squirrel...no definitely a rabbit"

Tomorrow he has a check up and we'll get a progress report and probably some additional exercises for him to do.  My main focus is really strengthening those back legs, which will take time but I feel he will get there sooner rather than later.  He loves our vet and really makes himself at home in her office. 


He's not quite ready for the treadmill but when he is, I see him having no problem getting used to it.

"I very much enjoyed that laser treatment and acupuncture...more please."