Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Vulcan: 5/29 - Finally!!!!!!!

Hello every hound and human,
I have to say I am so sorry for the late blog, my foster human has been in a lot of pain and has been human sick. (at least that is what she said). I don't know the difference between human sick and greyhound sick. A lot has happened since my last post so here goes.....

I WENT TO A PICNIC!!!!!

Normally that would bring to mind a basket with hotdogs, cheese and some wine...Well all I got was to sit in this pen and greet people and let them love on me. My foster mum had to leave me there so people could see my wonderfulness. I must say I impressed at least two families. Wonder who will it be?????

I have also been doing real good at home, I don't pee. well at least FM hasn't blamed me for it, since it is a squat pee and not an aimed pee, whatever that means. I have lots of foster brothers and sisters so I kinda just get lost in all the flurry of fur. I am a very good boy. I do sleep in my crate at night but I don't really have to. Foster mom tells me I am perfect. I hope you all will agree. So come meet me on June 10th and see if I can go home with you. And now for your viewing pleasure,

Well I color me embarrassed. Yes that is my foster mum in the hot pink shirt and cat ear's, cat ear's really, this is a hound event mum you got a bit confused, Oh this is Reese he is adopted but we hung out together.

Showing some support to my houndie friend Reese.
That is my foster mum in the cat ears. Shessh it is a wonder she didn't get attacked. Also can you guess who's butt is whose?? One is mine and one is Reese's