Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Bale: 3/31 - Bales Tails, Furever Land


Hi from foster land.  Tomorrow is the big day, maybe, maybe, I hope I hope. It’s the adoptathon, when all the approved applicants get to come out and meet me.  I am ready are you? Maybe I can make it to furever land. FM wanted to share some info about me... She says:

  • I am a super sweet boy who loves hugs and gives kisses 
  • I sleep quietly through the night on a dog bed in her son’s room with Reese her other grey.  
  • I am learning to be quiet during the day too, I don't like to be alone but I am working on that.  I have been quiet in my crate all this week.  Yay for me!  It just took me some time to get used to it. Its only cause I miss all these nice people when they leave, so how can you be upset at that?
  • I can go up and down the stairs in my foster home, no problems there
  • I get along well with my foster buddy Reese
  • I like to know where foster mom is so I can always be close by, I think they call that being a Velcro dog.
  • I am eager to please and like my ears rubbed
  • I listen well and follow the house rules, though I do like to sniff counters when food is around so you may need to remind me not to do that.
  • I have only had one #1 accident two weeks ago and Foster Mom said it was totally her fault.  She feeds me in my crate and always puts me right outside after eating. One day she got busy and I followed her to the kitchen and stared at her hard. But ooops couln't stop myself made a #1.  So, from then on she always puts me right out after meals.  No more potty problems for me.  

Don't I sound like I would be Greyt for your family?  #CUSaturday.   #ComeMeetBale.  #PawsCrossed. #FureverLand4me 💓💓😃😃