Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Bale: 3/19 - Blowing Raspberries

Hey all,  just went for my first walk around the neighborhood.  I saw these different colored big metal boxes that go by me very fast and make a rumbling noise.  I get a little startled when they pass me from behind.  Foster Mom says not to worry just to stay by her side and never ever jump out or run in front of then as I could be hurt very badly.  I also saw this person running fast pushing something with a little two-legged person sitting in it.  I had to stop and look at that, it looked like a lot of fun. I wonder if I could get a ride? There were so many things to see and smell I was very excited.  Foster mom said I am a bit of a weaver but we will work on that.  I also have to tell you I think Foster mom is a bit odd, she gets the biggest kick out of the different ways my ears go, I mean they are just ears for goodness sake.  Anyway check back later for more of 'Bales Tales'.  Oh BTW, Did I tell you that  I can blow raspberries? Check out  this video here ---->   blowing raspberries

Sideways
Sideways