Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Kim 1/20/17 I'm Ready!

Wow!  This week has flown by and I'm still settling in a bit to this retirement (seems to good to be true!) But, I'm ready for my forever home to complete this journey.  I've started discovering new things like soft fluffy things that squeak when you play with them.  I love throwing them up in the air and catching them before the hit the floor.  I'm so talented and the lady-mom giggles when I really get going.  Check me out:

(Hopefully you can see me)

Look at me with all the fluffies!  And no worries, I didn't mutilate them; that's the "Mela" who does that - she pulls all the white stuff out.  It's ok though, makes it easier to toss them really high!

(It's exhausting doing all this playing!)

Now I'm just waiting for tomorrow - I'm so excited!!!  Can't you tell?:


And believe it or not, these pictures are from a completely different day!  
You'd never guess that I found my favorite spot and maybe I do have this retirement thing in the bag!


So, come and get me tomorrow ... I'm ready!