Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Howie 11/9 - Hey Lady lets go look for my forever family

UThis morning Howie asked me why no one has come forward inquiring about him. He could not understand why there isn't a family just waiting for him. He said he's done everything asked of him. He's learned to share space and toys with all the other dogs. He's been a good boy in his crate. He's learning to walk like a good boy on the leash. He's even learning (and liking) all the snuggling stuff.

"Why"

 I felt bad for him, so I told him we'd go for a walk to cheer him up. He thought maybe we were going to look for his forever home.

"Is my family down here?"

"Maybe the squirrels know where I can find my family?"

 I told him his perfect family is out there looking and looking, they just haven't found him yet. He was content with that and then decided to rest...well after he insisted I rub his belly.

"Okay, I'll wait"

"But you must rub my belly!!!"