Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Shaelee: 10/26 - www.gegr.org ~ The #1 Trusted Matching Site for Those That Love Greyhounds

Sign up for free to find a black, white, red, fawn, brindle, or blue greyhound here at www.gegr.org, an online matching site meant for greyt families that love retired racers.


MY NAME IS SHAELEE. 
LET ME TELL YOU A LITTLE BIT ABOUT ME.

Q. What is your full name?

A. Shady Shaelee.  I haven't heard it much since retiring.  FM doesn't even use it to get my attention.

Q. How old are you?

A. 5 years, 6 months, but I act like I'm a toddler.


My pouty face when FM wouldn't share her food.

Q. What's your height and weight?

A. Approximately 28 inches from the ground to the top of my head for my height and I weigh about 62 pounds. 

Q. What's your occupation?

A. Retired racing dog, but I ran in 166 races before I retired.  For 26 of those races, I came in 1st place!  My very last race was the day before I retired.

Q. What's your income?

A. I'm retired so I rely on my good looks and sweet puppy dog eyes to keep me in dog treats, comfy beds, and regular meals.

Q. Do you have any children?

A. No kids for me.  After I retired, I wasn't chosen to be a brood mom.

Q. Any medical issues?

A. Nope.

Q. Do you have any tattoos?

A. I have tattoos in my ears, and I was feeling pretty special about them.  FM hurt my feelings not long ago, though.  She said that all of the former racing greyhounds have tattoos.  #WayToBurstMyBubbleFM #ButIAmSpecial

Q. Who are your parents?

A. Trent Lee and Craigie Memory

Q. Do you have any siblings?

A. I have 6 brothers and sisters, and 4 half siblings.

Note: You can check out my pedigree at http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1928338. 


Q. What's your marital status?

A. Single but I don't have time for the boys.  Please don't try to match me up with anyone.  I just want to be footloose and fancy-free! #AllTheSingleLadies

Q. What is the first thing people notice about you?

A. My sweet, adorable face.  No one can resist me.
Note from FM: You don't stand a chance resisting her because she's all up in everyone's business.

Q. What are your three best life skills?

A. My ability to help mom carry the dog food when she has a bag of it in her hands, getting everyone's attention with my bouncy little self, and my love of all people big and small.

Q. What's the most important thing you're looking for in a family?

A.  I would love to have someone or some people to love me, spoil me, play with me, feed me, walk me, and did I mention love me? I'm all about kisses, hugs, and if you don't mind, snuggling with you on the couch.  I also travel really well so let's talk road trips!



Q. How do you typically spend your leisure time?

A. Sleeping, pulling out and playing with all of the toys that squeak, and helping FM wherever she goes.



Q. Do you have any issues with sharing?

A. I'm okay, but still learning.  Olive has been really nice and lets me have the toys when I come up and ask for them.

So enough about me. Can you tell me about you? I'd love to find my furever family this weekend!




xX Shaelee Xx