Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Kelley: 8/9 - I am a happy boy.....

Hi everyone,

I am having a wonderful time in my retirement.  It sure beats the grind of the track which was all train and race and train and race, etc.

Sunday I went to a place that my FM called PetSmart.  I didn't see any pets that were smarter than me so I don't know where the name came from.  It must be one of those people things that I don't understand yet.  Anyway, I saw lots of people and they all said how handsome I am.  They gave me some pats and that was nice.  I also saw some short people, some that were not as tall as I am.  Guess they don't get a lot to eat otherwise they would be like regular people.  I also saw a puppy which smelled different.  I wanted to check him out, but he kept jumping on me and so I just turned away.  I wasn't afraid of him, he just needs to learn some manners.  Some people came in with a cat in their arms.  The cat's tail was hanging down and it looked interesting, but I quickly lost interest.  There was just so much to see.  I had no problems with the tile floors.  Some have said they are scary, but I mastered them in a flash.  One section of the store had rats in cages.  I was interested in them, but I quickly learned that the cages were made of glass and I bumped my nose when I tried to get close to them.

I made my FM mad the other day by chewing up her slippers.  They smelled just like her and I wanted to just put my nose in them and get all the "innards" out.  She laughed at me and said they were old slippers anyway.  Maybe she can go to that PetSmart place and get some more.

We have had some thunder storms recently and I am protecting my foster family by barking at the thunder.  Sometimes I have to bark several times before it goes away.  I am a good thunder fighter because it always goes away.

It is time now for my evening nap.  Thanks for reading about me.  Hope to see you soon.

Kelley