Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Kelley: 8/6 - Another busy day of learning.

Hello Everyone,

I have had another busy day of learning today.  I am really exhausted, but I just had to tell you what I have learned.

My Foster Mom (FM), wanted to do some cooking today, so I joined her in the kitchen.  I wanted to be close to her so she wouldn't get lonesome so I laid down in front of the that thing that has baskets in it.  FM said, "Lying in front of the dishwasher is not a good place for you to be."  I think that means she liked where I was so I just stayed there.  I could watch what she was doing as well as take a little nap on a rug.  FM and I did a lot of cooking, but it doesn't seem that any of it is for me. I would gladly be her taster, but she says I need to stick with my own food.

My foster brother is teaching me how to share his toys.  I like to play (and play, and play) but he doesn't like it when I play with his favorite toys.  We have an agreement that I can play with his toys, but I can't rip them apart like I would like to do.

We had some company come by the other day.  I was shy at first, but I soon found that they smelled really good and gave me lots of attention.  I think I like company.

I am still startled by loud noises, but I am getting used to the sounds around the house.  When I do something wrong, which is hardly ever, my FM lets me know she is not happy and I know to not ever do that again.

Yawn!!! It is nap time, so I will close out.  Thanks for reading about me.
Kelley