Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Norman: 1/11 - Let Me Tell Ya Bout My Best Friend

Norman here and I just want to tell you about my best friend, my ace, my ride or die.  I'm not sure what half of those even mean but that's how FM describes me and Orson.  We've been best buds since he showed up here.
We do everything together.
We love going for car rides to anywhere.  We're always ready to go.

We go to weigh ins at the vet together. I'm the leaner and Orson is the strong silent type. Folks just love us.

We go for walks together. I check all the high places and my buddy checks out the low.

This is one of our favorite things. When we go for a long walk, we get to watch some really odd looking animals. They make strange noises and smell funny.  FM lets us watch them as long as we don't bark at them.

I just love sleeping with Orson.  He lets me share his bed and snuggle with him every night.  FM says it's a bit obsessive but we're best buds. She just doesn't get it.

I will miss Orson when he gets his furever home.  FM says I'm such an easy going guy that I'll make new friends.  I sure hope she's right.