Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

KC's Sam: 9/22 - Meeting the Band


Hi everyone! KC’s Sam here…just call me Sam! 💗

Retirement. Is. The. Bomb.


Seriously. Super squishy beds, cookies, kisses, and cuddles for DAYS. Foster Mom already knows that I’m going to be an expert at this house-training business…I’m super smart...and let's face it, totally handsome (if I do say so myself) 😉

My foster home is packed with fun…and three other furry foster siblings! Three of us look so much alike, I’m sure we can find a way to use this to our benefit (the small, fluffy guy is camera-shy). This is me and my greyhound foster brother and sister. Nice pose, right? We’re hoping this one’s right for our album cover. What do you think? I feel like we pull off the angsty and mysterious, yet slightly quirky vibe.  


Sigh…but perhaps we're just too cute.


I'm settling in really well here at my foster home. I'm learning my manners and am enjoying exploring the house. I am having a standoff with the slumber balls but seriously, those things are CONFUSING man! And it's only day one! I'm way more comfortable on the fluffy carpet, with my foster brother never far behind (he's the coolest, and is helping me find my way).


Tonight's going to be a total snooze-fest, as today was super exciting! I'm gonna be really good at this retirement thing, I can tell already. Foster Mom says that I'll get to meet my new family really soon because I'm sooooo lovey! Can't wait to meet them and get one of those super cool nicknames that my foster brothers and sister have. Til next time!

Your sweetest boy,
💋Sam