Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Flying Dogwood: 5/10 - I'm Taking Up A New Sport

Dogwood here. My foster mom says I retired from racing as soon as I got started. She asked me if it was because I really don't like to be outside. That's not it at all. I just find so many other things to do inside.
Foster Mom has a plan to fix that. She pushed me by my bottom out the back door and then gave me a round ball. It was a birfday present. We all looked at it and even ran from it at first but then we got the hang of it. I actually like it and I think I'm pretty good. I could be the first doggy Beckham. What do you think? Check out this sports footage.

I think I'm ready for those endorsements now.