Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Drier: 5/8 - Saturday Might be my Gotcha Day!

Foster Mom says we are getting close to a very important day - a day where I meet a few families who may want to make me an addition to their home! I am super excited and I have been on my absolute BEST behavior. My foster sister and I have been spending lots of time together gearing up for this Saturday. We are getting as many snuggles in while we still can. I'm gonna be sad to leave her and my foster family, but YAY for new beginnings!


Maybe it's you? Maybe you are the one I am going home with this Saturday? You're gonna love me! (But I might be a little biased). I promise to be the best girl you ever had. I promise to love you for always, even on your bad days. I promise to give you cuddles when you need them. I CAN'T promise you much personal space. You will be mine and I will be yours, we're gonna be attached at the hip, two peas in a pod, you and I will make all the memories and live happily ever after - adsjfilasdg;ahgasdlkfjasdf;!!!

Phew...okay, I may have gotten just a tad excited for a minute or two. Anyway, I am going to go snuggle my foster sister and get ready for our pre-dinner nap. Pre-dinner naps are the best and everyone needs to try it at least once in their lifetime.

I am so excited to meet you this Saturday. I can't wait to meet all of the members of your family, go on that first big car ride to my new home - maybe we will stop by the pet store on the way home? I can be a very persuasive pup (see my previous blog post). I can't wait to meet your friends! You're gonna tell them all about me right? Every little detail?

Oh! I almost forgot! Tomorrow is my birthday! Foster mom says we are going to celebrate my day super special. So many awesome things have happened since my retirement only a couple weeks ago.  I never would have thought this life would have been mine. This has been such an awesome experience!



Foster sister Sunshine shared her bed. Everyone says that's super special!

(Elmo is by my side at ALL times.)