Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Whitman: 9/30 - A Grand Adventure

Hi all, I had the best adventure that I couldn't wait to share with you! I went with my Foster Mom and Trent to a house with a bunch of other Greyhounds. They were nice girls, and we had a lot of fun playing in their backyard; they even shared their toys with me! Then, we ate dinner and went to bed in the new house. I thought it was kind of weird, because I've only slept in my own crate, but Foster Mom said I was a good boy for sleeping all night. I even met a 
cat - don't tell anyone, but I was scared! It was right there on the stairs and everything! Foster Mom said I was a good boy about the cat, too.

In the morning we went to a field and got into an X-pen. Lots of people came around and petted us all day. 
It was cold, so we all wore our jackets. Lots of people said I was sooooo handsome!
Even the little kids liked me - this little kid wasn't too sure at first...
 But he decided that I was OK.
I had a Greyt day.