Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Kay's Copper: 11/12 - These Paws Were Made for Walkin'

Well hey, howdy, HEY! My racing name is Kay's Copper, but Copper is just fine for me. No need to be all extra fancy with the titles. Buuuuut if you wanted to be fancy, I'll take:

Kay's Copper of the Plushy Bed Isles, Professional Leash Walker, Counter Surfer of the First Men, Baldest of Butts, King of the Couch, First of His Name

But like I said... Copper is fine... I guess.

That "Professional Leash Walker" thing, though - that actually wasn't a joke. Foster Mom says I ROCK at walking on a leash. I'm calm and walk with lots of slack most of the time! I know for some "lesser" dogs it seems like a big thing to accomplish, but I am NO. LESSER. DOG. I am fancy and shiny and regal and sophisticated.

My first few days in retirement have been pretty chill. I'm learning boundaries and the big "no-no's" of the house. You know what a couple of big "no-no's" are? 1) Doing my biz in the house and 2) Surfing on the counter. Don't these people know I was a World Champ Surfer in a former life? Let me live. I mean, seriously, I've never been inside a home before. How am I supposed to know?

Anyways, no need to worry though. Foster Mom and Foster Dad are making sure I know what's what before I go on to my forever home. (*whispers* You shoulda seen the look on their faces when they came into the kitchen with me at eye level. LOL) Nevertheless, I pinky pawmise to work on that.

(That colorful thing around my waist is a bellyband because apparently I have to earn trust not to do my business in the house before I can go without it. Geesh...)

Just me and my bald rear end supervising the playing of the iPad by the human kiddo. #baldisbeautiful

Well, I reckon that's all for now. I can't take all the spotlight as some of my other fast friends need to gloat tell you about themselves. Until next time! ~Coppaaaaaah