Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Rico's River: 9/27 - Operation: Get Adopted

Alright team listen up, time is kibble and I don't have any time to waste! Foster Mom says I am meeting some families soon so there is NO room for error. I have formatted a tight schedule for optimal adoption success. This should be followed to a 'T,' people! (jk, It's negotiable.)

Wake up at 4:30am, realize it's only Foster Dad going to work, go back to sleep.

Wake up for real this time at 6am because Foster Mom is up and if she's up, that means breakfast! But first, I gotta pee!

At 8:30, she's out the door and it's in my kennel I go... bah, humbug.

8:50 and she's back! Time to play, get some cuddles, and maybe a snackie snack.

At approximately 9:30am, I will be honing my napping skills. I'm supposed to be sleeping for about 18 hours a day, so my endurance needs to be at its prime.

Lunchtime is also known as Peanut Butter Minus Jelly Time. I get a couple of tablespoons to help me increase and maintain my girlish figure.

I go right back to sleep, no time for playing. Hold all my calls, I'm unavailable until at least 3:30pm.

At 5:30, I eat dinner - 2 cups, no more, no less. Capisce?

Promptly after dinner, I go outside for the "peeps" and the "poops." I come right back in and it's time for cuddles. Foster Momma cuddles me extra to make up for all that lost time while I was out on the racetrack. So considerate, that lady. I appreciate her. She's a dime a dozen.

At about 9pm, it's time to go night night. Early, you say? I may only be 4 years old, but I'm an old soul. Also... I don't make the rules. It's Foster Mom and Dad that are the buzzkills in this household. File all your grievances with them... I would... IF I HAD THUMBS.

Friday is going to be all about ME, says Foster Momma! She's going to make sure I'm smelling great with another bath and make sure my nails are trimmed just one more time before I go off to my forever home. *paws crossed* (Don't worry if you're not meeting me sooner than you might have wanted, you'll have your chance to meet some lucky pup, if not me. Pinky "paw"mise. You see that? See what I did there?)

Foster Mom says I'm ready for a family. I love to cuddle, haven't had any accidents in the house, I'm a good cleaner (but only if it's chicken dropped on the floor), I give the best hugs, I'm responsive to my name, I sleep through the night, and I love to please.

 Foster Mom sits in the floor and I just dive right into some snuggles. I could stay enveloped in a cuddle forever. Cuddles are the BEST invention ever.


That's me on the left snoozing next to my foster sister, Sunshine. Yes, THE Sunshine.