Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Myth See All: 8/10/18 - School's In Session

Myth here.

I have had such a busy week. Foster mom has been putting Einstein and I through the paces in this home training course.  I'm doing so well, I thought I'd share some of my achievements. First off I graduated from staying in the crate to learning to use a dog bed properly. I learned you shouldn't put your butt on the wall while on the bed. It's really not comfortable.

I also moved from sleeping at night in the crate to sleeping in foster mom's room with the other dogs. The lesson here - hurry to the room and grab the most comfortable bed!  Foster mom calls it a slumber ball. I'm going to need one of these in my forever home. Just saying.

Believe it or not there was a course on waiting. I don't quite know why we need this one but I've had to repeat this class a few times. Foster mom says we have to wait at every door. Geez does she not know I have to pee in the morning. Waiting isn't the first thing on my mind and yet she insists. My bladder and I are working it out.

I thought cooking class was going to be a breeze. Not!!! Despite our daily efforts, foster mom won't let us help in the kitchen at all. She always says she doesn't need our help. She said in order to pass this class we had to stay completely out of the kitchen. That's just absurd!  I'm going to speak to those nice folks at GEGR and see if I can go to a different school. Did I mention how much I love food?  I could whip up gourmet hound meals if she'd just give me a chance.

There's even a class on Overcoming Your Fears. It's really called Stairs 101 but I like my title better. Us pups found out that this is one of those self teaching classes. You just have to do it and practice makes perfect. These are not my most graceful moments but I make it happen. After all I have to get to the slumber ball first. It's called goals!

Here's another one of my least favorite classes. It involves that crazy wait word again.  After we eat or when foster mom comes home she says we have to calm down and wait to come out of the crate. I used to want my belly rubs so badly that I would rush to get out of the crate. Now I wait like a proper lady should.

So now you know that I've been working really hard for my furever home. I'm ready for graduation day!! Foster mom says that's the day I pick out my furever family and they take me home to live with them. I'll show off all of my home training skills. I've got my cap and gown. All I need is my diploma.