Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

CG's Einstein: 8/9/18 - Bunny Patrol

Einstein here.

My toes got a good rest and I'm back to tell you some more about me.  Foster mom reports that I'm a good boy in the house.  I get along with all of the other pups.  I like to play tag with the only other boy pup.  He gets me, then I get him. You know how it goes.

Foster mom thought I could use some help with my leash manners.  She took me for a walk at night all by myself.  I was a little nervous at first but I was getting the hang of it.  There was a lot of turning around and it seemed like I was going in circles. And then it happened!

Just as the sun was going down, I thought I saw a bunny rabbit!  I wasn't sure but I gave it my full attention.  Is it? Could it be?

I did see a bunny rabbit!! It ran across the street right in front of my eyes.  I readied myself to give chase but foster  mom wouldn't let me. She said I don't have to chase the bunnies any more. I had to settle for just watching it run away. That was different.

I'm not sure that letting the rabbit go was a good idea but the treats I got for staying by foster mom were worth it.

I wonder if I'll see any more rabbits on our walks? I'm ready. Maybe my forever family will take me out for rabbit watching. That would be fun.

I feel a nap coming on. I need to dream about rabbits. See ya later.