Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Mass Pike (AKA Susie): 6/18 - Adventuring

Hi everyone:

Dog in the back seat of a car
On the way to L & J's house
My name is Mass Pike, but you can call me Susie. I just moved here from West Virginia, and I'm looking for a permanent home in the area. I think I deserve one -- I just turned five in May and I raced 168 races in my career!

I spent my first night in Maryland with S and then my foster parents, L and J, picked me up the next day. In my foster home, I have a greyhound foster brother, Mr. G, and there is also a cat, Miss Thing, who thinks she is the boss (I'm pretty sure I'm the boss).

I'm really enjoying going for walks to explore the neighborhood, but L says it's too hot to go very far. Maybe later in the week we will get to go on some long walks. In the meantime, I have gotten to meet a bunch of people and some dogs on my short walks. I even met one dog who is very small. I was a little confused -- I didn't know they came that size -- but I guess he was nice.

dog lying with back legs in the air against a wall
I roach with a little help from the wall

When I'm in the house, I spend my time exploring and then resting up to do more exploring. I'm also practicing my roaching. I am pretty sure I'll be an expert in no time, even though L and J keep laughing at me.

I also like toys. I discovered them at S's house the first night. I included a video she took of me below so that you could see my skills. I hope you enjoy.

That's all for now, talk soon,
Susie