Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

PG Woodbury 4/28/18

Hello everyone, my name is Woodbury and I am a recently retired athlete, four years old, looking for a family to call my own! What can I tell you about myself so we can get to know each other? I love toys, do you like toys? I like to chomp on them and shake them around real hard! My foster family has this box full of toys and I'm allowed to dig in and play with any toy I want! There is a snake that makes a nice crinkly noise when I bite it and if I can find just the right spot it squeaks too! I like that snake!

There are other greyhounds here at my foster home too, they are nice and I like having them around. They are helping me learn how this business of living in a people house works. There is only one other girl here and she says girls should be lady-like. How's this? Do I look like a princess?

Another thing in the people house I learned about is TV. I don't know how those people got in there but they are mesmerizing to watch!

Wow, so much to take in! I need a nap!!

 Until next time, I'm Woodbury and I can't wait to meet you!