Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Volando Olvera - 2/23, Earning My Retirement Wings

Hi everyone!

dog standing behind gate with a happy expression
Trying to use my puppy smile
to speed up dinnertime
Today marks one week since I left Alabama on my way to retirement. I can't believe how much I have learned!

Even though I haven't lived in a house before, I've learned I really like it. There are lots of beds and interesting things to explore. I like toys too, but I always move them really fast so L can't get a picture of me with them. I don't want them to get away!

Dog looking through the metal edge of a bridge
Looking off the bridge
All day during the week, L and J have to go to work, so Mr. G and I stay in our crates. I'm good at that, but I'm mostly excited that it's the weekend now. I hope we will do some fun walks. Last weekend, we went to a lake, so I got to walk on a bridge and see lots of bikes and runners and stuff. I walk pretty well on a leash and am starting to learn not to chase all the squirrels because I never get to catch them anyway.

dog lying on a dog bed next to a gate while a cat stands on the other side of gate
Maybe Miss Thing and I can work
together to speed up dinnertime
I am also really enjoying getting to know all the members of my new family. I like Mr. G of course, because I have always known a lot of greyhounds. However, L and J are introducing me to how greyt people can be. They give me lots of treats and brush me, which I really like and is making my coat soft. Now when I see them, my whole body wiggles because I am so excited. I am also getting to know that Miss Thing, the cat, is not that scary. I don't know if we're friends yet, but, as you can see from the picture, we do work together.

Ok, that's all for now. I'll catch you later.

Kisses,
Olvera