Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Buster: 12/30 - Settling in

Well, I've been retired for a few weeks now and I'm really getting in to the routine. My foster family wants you to know that I've learned how to navigate steps and I'm very good at letting them know when I need to go out (no accidents!). I'm been watching and learning from the resident pack. They've showed me how much fun it is to go outside and play and how much fun toys in the house can be, too. Although foster mom gets frustrated because every time I start to play with toys, she grabs her camera and I stop. So you won't see any pictures of me with toys, unless she gets much faster.  Here's some pictures she did get of me this past week.

We go out for a walk almost every morning. I was fascinated by the Christmas lights.

I'm not a counter surfer, but this counter's set at 30" which makes it easy to sniff.

I stood still long enough for foster mom to get a photo of me.


What are those resident dogs doing now?

I love being outside. I don't even mind the cold! But for walks, foster mom makes me wear a sweater.