Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Mac: 6/21 - new here

Hello everyone,

I have just come from the race track in Alabama and I am here to tell you that life in my new foster home is nothing like my life at the track.  There are so many new things I need to learn about.

One of the first things I learned was there is this thing called glass.  You can see through it, but if you try to walk through it, BAM you get knocked in your head.  It only took one time for me to learn that lesson.  Now I just look through the glass.

I like the regular meals here at my foster home.  The food is yummy and sometime I get a treat or two.  I also like the soft beds here.  There are beds in every room so I can always be with my foster mom (FM) and foster greyhound brother (FB).

My FB is an older guy so I watch him and follow his lead.  He knows the ropes, and I am learning a lot from him.  One thing I have already learned is that I can get nice kisses, rubs and scratches from my FM if I just stand near her and be still.  I like the touching and the kisses.  I am going to work on getting more of those.

I hope sometime soon I can find my very own forever home.  If you think that you might be that forever home, talk to the good folks at GEGR.  They can tell you all about me.

That is about all I have to say for now.  I think it is probably nap time.  I need to rest up so I can be ready to go to bed when it is time.

Until next time,
Mac