Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Lindsey: 6/19 - Field Trip!

Hey everyone, guess what? Foster mom took me on a field trip! She left all the resident hounds back at the house and just took me for a ride to the store. I guess I'm pretty special! We went to the pet store and I had a greyt time! First I made friends with a lady who works there. She even offered me a cookie but I was too excited smellin all the smells and checking everything out to even take that cookie.




I kept hearing these strange chirpy noises and I asked foster mom what was that sound so she took me to a little clear box and when I looked in there were birds! Foster mom said they are called parakeets. I really wanted to play with them but she said that probably wasn't a good idea. I can't imagine why not? They were hopping around making squeaks, they all looked like so much fun!


Then it got even better, there was this one whole row of toys! Lots of toys! I found one I really liked and foster mom said if I carried it for her she would let me bring it back to the house. Sure enough we brought that toy back and I even shared it with my foster siblings so they wouldn't be sad that I got to go to the store without them.


That's all for now, until next time--- Lindsey