Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Bale: 3/24 ...Bales Tails... mornings

Hi from foster land, so while I sit here pretty waiting for the weekend to start let me tell you a little about my foster life.
Sittin Pretty

 For now, I get to live with two big boys that Foster Mom (FM) calls teenagers.  They are fun, and have an interesting smell, FM says that’s stinky feet.  Good thing I am a sweet-smelling guy.  I thought I would tell you about mornings around this place.   Foster mom wakes us up at 5:30 am, phew that’s early!  Foster buddy Reese and I sleep in the 14 year old’s room.  It’s nice and snuggly in there, he gets to sleep till 7 though, but that’s Okay because I LOVE mornings.  I don't know why, but I am happy, happy, happy to be awake.  We zip downstairs and FM says lets 'put your hats on'.  She puts on our 'hats' and lets us out in the backyard (FM -- they are muzzles not hats, sheesh).  In case your didn't know FB Reese and I wear muzzles outside so we don’t get too playful and nip each other in our excitement. If I go out by myself I don't need a 'hat'.  After we do our potty we come inside take off our 'hats' and go get a cookie.  FM tells us we must settle for a cookie for now since she is going to walk us in a bit and she doesn't want to worry about our tummies having problems. We will get to eat later... she promises!  FM has her coffee (smells really good to me).  After coffee, foster buddy Reese and I just hang and watch all the morning craziness.  Reese and I go back upstairs to help wake up the 17 year old.   I help by giving him kisses on his face and ears, that usually does the trick.   Then there are breakfast and lunches to be made, books to pack, uniforms to find and finally the big boy is gone.  Foster Mom hooks leashes on FB Reese and I, and we head out for our long morning walk.   Those are super fun.  When we get back the 14 year old and the daddy are up.  Once the 14 year old leaves, FM goes to take a shower and gets ready for work.  Then FINALLY she makes our breakfast.  We get kibble and some yogurt and some kefir. I eat my yummy breakfast in my crate.  As soon as I am done she lets me out of the crate and I go out in the backyard because I need to 'go’ you know, I mean right away, you know?  After all that I'm ready for a nap.  Lots of comings and goings here in foster land…. More from Bales Tails next time.