Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Norman: 1/5 - Laser Focus

Norman here. I wanted to share one of my best tricks.  FM calls it 'watch me'.  It's super easy and I've nailed it! FM asks me to lock eyes with her and not move until she says ok. The first part was easy but I had to work on the not moving part. Once I learned, FM starting asking for a watch me when she put my food bowl down. What?! Don't touch the food? Is she insane? Does she not know how much I love my food?

This woman doesn't know my skills. I locked eyes and dared her to blink.  I stood perfectly still. Not even a tail twitch. I held that stare while she got her phone and figured out how to get a photo.
YES!!! I'm positive I won that round.  Breakfast never tasted so good.  FM keeps asking for a rematch at every meal now.  Challenge accepted.

If you need a dog that will look lovingly into your eyes, I'm your guy.  Just don't make me hold that stare for too long. Sometimes I start to drool and that's not cute.