Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Mandrill: 1/6 - The kids are gone

Hi all, it's me Mandrill. Foster Mom (FM) sends her apologies that I haven't blogged sooner but its been a  busy first week for me.  I am a former racer and brood momma which means I had babies a few times.  The kids are finally out of the house and its time for my retirement.  I can tell you so far I am enjoying it.  I had a spa treatment my first day with a bath and massage (thanks Adrienne), a pedicure (thanks Miss Cindy), and lots of  treats, pets, and hugs.  I then rode in the car to foster mom's house.  BTW FM says I ride perfect in the car. I met her two greyhounds Reese and Kipper and we all get along greyt.  We like to go in the yard and wander around and sleep on the many comfy beds. They hang with me when everyone goes out.  We enjoy lots of yummy food like kibble, bone broth, treats, and peanut butter.  Gotta say retirement so far is the bomb!  FM says I am the sweetest and a just go with the flow kinda gal. Here are some pictures of my first week of retirement. #woohoothekidsrgone #retirementrocks #broodmommasrthebest

My first try on a dog bed, no bed fails for me

Enjoying the cozy fire place

Hanging with Reese and Kipper, thats me on the left

Foster mom says I have fun ears
another ear shot
 
...and another

Helping foster mom as she works from home

having a good dream

...another good dream

and another -- fm says I smile when I sleep 🙂🙂🙂🙂