Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Orson Krennic: 11/24 - My New Career

Hi I'm Orson,

I'm a three year old retired racer from AL. I really enjoyed running but I hurt my neck and had to stop. No worries, it's all fixed up and I'm ready for my very own sofa, I mean family.  How about a family with a sofa. Yeah, that will work.

I'm hanging out in a foster home with a  couple of other foster brothers and a sister. I really like it so far. My foster mom is cool except she keeps telling me I can't get on the sofa yet. I don't understand why since it's empty most of the time

Foster mom says I need to focus on my new career. She says I'm the perfect dog model.  When I first arrived at her house she just kept taking pictures of me.  I would walk up for pets and she would snap another picture.

I can't be certain, but I think she takes my picture when I'm asleep. Weird right?  Hard being so good looking. Sure hope foster mom can put down the camera to make my dinner. I like eating as much as I like sofas.

I'll be back. Going back to sleep and dream about food and sofas.

See ya later
Orson