Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Kelsos Outbound: 11/22 - Starting Retirement



Hi there, I'm Kelso Outbound.  That's a lot to say so my friends call me Obi. I'm a handsome 3 year old boy and I came into retirement a couple of weeks ago. I have a great foster home with a really cool foster brother named Darwin.  He's filling me in on everything I need to know about retirement.

My foster parents are on vacation so I'm staying at auntie Carroll's house. She's got a couple of foster boys too so I'm right at home for a few days.

My foster parents said I was doing so well that they took me for an outing to a place called Williamsburg.  It was loaded with so many new sights and sounds and smells.  Foster mom said I took it all in like a champ. She said I seemed right at home and was impressed at how well I behaved.  She said auntie Carroll could show off these pictures of me from that day.

Ok so I may have gotten tired and took a little break but it was a lot to take in.

I hope we get to go on more fun outings like that.  Maybe my furever family can take me out for long walks to new places. I'd like that.

I'll check in later to see if you've gotten your walking shoes on.

Bye for now.
Obi