Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Cookie: 11/11 - new girl in town

Hello everyone!  New girl in town here, and I’m ready to explore #AllTheThings!  I’m keeping foster mom (FM) and foster dad (FD) on their toes.  Buuutttt that’s what you get when you have a 16 month old little girl fresh from the track!  So lets get you up to speeed.

I made the trip from the track to retirement on Saturday with FM and FD.  FM made to sure to document all of us on our adventure.  

That’s me and Copper trying to help FM be a passenger in the front seat.

Hello FM!  Need me up there?  I can help navigate.  I’m a professional.

I swear I can help drive!  Can I get up there while FD is gone?

So this happened, and I’d rather not talk about it.  I’m not sure why I ended up under Monty and Norman but here I am.

And when they wouldn’t move, I just laid down where I was.

After awhile, we arrived at GHC.  Once we were settled into our crates, all of us were fed dinner, had our pictures taken, then finished out with baths, nail trims, ear cleanings, and getting our microchips.  FM and FD loaded me back into the car after all that and we headed home.  Seems I’m going to be hanging out with two foster sisters who look like me and a little fluffy foster sister.  FM said I have to be extra nice to the fluffy one, and that works for me.  I like cats and the little dogs.

FD was handing out treats after we all did our business.  I wasn’t too sure what he was doing, but FM said I’d figure it out pretty quick.  Seems treats are a good thing.

Then it was bed time.  FM said I have to wear these pjs because it gets cold in the house.  Okay.  I’m just going to go with it.

And then my day was done!  Hooray for bedtime.  It was a busy day, and a young girl like me needs her beauty sleep.

Until next time!
Cookie

#GoodThingsComeInSmallPackages
#AdoptDontShop
#ACookieIsMyFavoriteTreat