Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Artex Oyster: 11/08 - Na Na Na Na Hey Hey Hey...GOOD BYE...heartworms.

Hey Hey Oyster fans,

It's your main pup here and I am EXCITED! Guess why? I am DONE with my heart worm treatment!  Woot Woot! Ok...maybe at this current moment foster mom is more excited than me. I'm still sleeping off the pain meds and the injection for the day. But, I've been promised no more painful injections, so I'm doing some jumps for joy on the inside.

Now that these nasty worms are going the way of the dodo, I'm so excited to start my life anew. Foster mom says I still have restricted activity for another month, but as soon as that's up, I'll be introduced to my new forever family. I can't wait to meet you if you're out there waiting for me! Be sure that you let the folks at GEGR know if you're interested in me and if they think we are a good match, we can meet!




Some things I'm looking for in a forever family:


Must be kind to me. I'm a sensitive soul.

Must not mind my constant companionship. I'll be your shadow and make sure you never feel lonely.

Must provide tasty treats and a cozy bed. I love my food and I love my comfort.

Must be willing to patiently ease me back into exercise. Think about if someone asked you to run a mile after you laid on the couch for 3 months. I need to build up my muscles and stamina before I'm turned loose again or go for a big romp.

Must love kisses and giving head rubs. I will leave the full weight of my head on your lap for snuggle time.

Bonus points: If you have another canine companion for me, it really helps me come out of my shell and live my best life, but if you don't that's ok, just know I'll never leave your side and I'll be so excited to see you when you come home.

What I can offer my new family:

Unconditional love and devotion. Help cleaning the floor of crumbs and a best friend for life.

Love,
Oyster