Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Artex Oyster: 10/24 - Tiny Humans!

Hi everyone! It's the O man.

I just had to share a new experience I had today. I met the tiniest human ever! It was not like the little humans I live with who run and talk and play. It was a little lump of cuteness and it was very loud.

I was really curious, so I sniffed and wagged my tail excitedly, but when foster mom told me not to slobber on him, I did as I was told. I was worried he was crying, but his mom took care of him and I was totally at ease with him after that. When it was time for him to go, I walked him to the door and made sure his blanket was nice and cozy for him, because it's chilly out today.

I guess you could say I enjoy tiny humans of all ages. So if you're out there forever family and you have some tiny humans of your own, just know I'll be sweet to them and I hope they will be sweet to me too.

Tell them the best way to get on my good side it to share all the yummy snacks with me!


- Oyster


PS

Foster mom says, "Maybe not ALL the snacks." Bah...she's no fun.