Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Artex Oyster: 10/21/18 - New Adventures

Hi everyone. Oyster here!

I just wanted to share my weekend adventure with you! I'm feeling back to my old self again while I wait for my last 2 injections next month. Foster mom and dad had a wedding to attend in Virginia this weekend, so I got to go to what I believe was a greyhound spa and resort. I got to calmly socialize with some greyhound buddies to include fellow foster pup, Redmond! I was so happy to be in their company that I really think I'd love to be adopted to a family that will have a canine sibling for me. I just feel complete that way. Don't forget though, I really love my people and want to be with them all the time. My favorite kind of cuddle is for you to just take my head in your hands and scratch my ears and hold me close. I feel so loved that way. I might even give you kisses as a thank you!





When foster mom picked me up today, the other humans that watched me said I was on my best behavior. I'm still so gentle on a leash and did great going potty outside. I ate all my food and drank well. I really love food, but I've NEVER tried to jump on the counters and take what's not offered to me. I'm a real gentleman that way. I even helped my gracious hosts fold the laundry!





Did I also mention I love curling up in a blanket and snuggling in on a cozy bed. It's just the best! Can't you see me and my handsome face nestled by the fire with you this winter? You could even wrap me up in a big red bow for Christmas. Foster mom says I look good in red.  Anyway, I'm gonna go take a snooze after my long car ride to foster mom's house today.




Until next time!
Oyster AKA The Shadow Dog.